votesUP (votesup.eu) wants to provide a helpful and secure environment for all users to conduct online votes and conferences. To ensure safety and security on the platform, a few things need to be agreed upon by all users:
1) Availability: votesUP is made available within our possibilities. votesUP supports events with several hundred participants. You may create new events with up to 50 participants anytime and use them instantly without further ado. There is no guarantee for the permanent availability of the entire system or individual functions. If the operational safety of votesup.eu is endangered by excessive use, the operator can take measures without warning. This includes a functional restriction or deactivation of the system.
If you plan events with more than 30 participants, we encourage you to submit the concrete dates/hours in our resource planer. From 50 participants onwards, appointment registration is obligatory.
2) Confidentiality: content such as voting results or chats are treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to unauthorized third parties. By default, the operator does not monitor the contents of any events. However, server administrators may accidentally gain access to content during technical maintenance.
3) Responsibility: the creation and content filling of individual events is the sole responsibility of the organisers of these events. We as the operator of the platform have no influence on this. The organisers of individual events are also responsible for ensuring that no illegal content is posted or that the system is not misused. As operators, we reserve the right to remove problematic content as soon as we have become aware of it.
4) Data processing: creators of an event are responsible regarding data privacy regulations with respect to their participants (e.g. if someone requests a deletion of their account). In such situations votesUP acts only in the role of the processor.
5) Liability: creators guarantee that they will not publish any content that violates applicable laws. Publishing illegal content may result in criminal prosecution.
6) Deletion periods: Events whose organisers do not confirm their e-mail address will be automatically deleted after three days. When an event reaches 90 days of inactivity, it is deleted automatically.
7) Use of data: votesUP will process e-mail addresses or other personal data only for the specific event and its related functionality (e.g. password reset notifications or summaries of voting results, when requested by a participant), or to communicate important changes for the platform itself (e.g. downtime for maintenance). Personal data will not be shared with third parties, unless requested by law or court decision. Organisers of events should not use data of their participants for other than agreed purposes.
8) Costs: The basic functionality of votesup.eu is free of charge until further notice. Limit increases at the request of organisers may entail costs, on which a joint agreement has to be reached. A voluntary contribution to the costs of server operation and further development is welcome. Specific capacities can be agreed within the framework of a partner agreement. (More information »)
We do not currently plan to display commercial ads; however, this measure may be taken in the future to cover costs.
9) Exclusion from use: In the event of misue, we as the operator reserve the right to block individual events or completely exclude users from votesUP. Misuse is, for example, when events repeatedly send out obviously erroneous e-mails, users try to circumvent the cost barrier of free events by duplicating or the security of the system is endangered. Exclusion from use can be permanent.
There is the possibility to contribute to the further development of votesUP. Additional functionality can be requested from us if desired. However, depending on the scope of the request, this may entail additional costs for which the requestor must then place an order.
We are looking forward to receive your feedback. However, we unfortunately will not be able to answer every question and every request. We reserve the right to charge for expenses incurred in answering enquiries – after prior clarification –, if they exceed a certain amount of efforts on our side.
(Version: 6th January 2022)